Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cousin Bruce


Bruce Gholson has been an influence and hero of mine ever since I began making pots way back in 1983. My teacher at UT/Knoxville, Ted Saupe had a bunch of Bruce's pots and in particular a little set of fluted cups that were my obsession for quite a while. As a matter of fact I drank my morning of coffee out of one of them for a long time. I was fascinated by their weight, their handles, the zig zag fluting, and their beautiful shino glaze. I'm sorry that I don't have any pictures of them to show you.




Bruce continues to inspire me with his wonderful forms and beautiful glaze surfaces. It is an honor to be in his company and as he and Samantha's guest at Cousins in Clay this weekend. I can't wait to see their latest pots! And we hope to see YOU!

Read the (Mud) Bucket interview of Bruce and his partner, Samantha Henneke here.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Cousins in Clay,
    I just wanted to post a quick note to tell you that the RSS feed for this blog has been added to the Potters and Ceramic Artists Blog Feed at Pottery Making Info. Thanks for all the hard work with your clay and your blog!

    ReplyDelete