Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Allison McGowan

Concord, North Carolina potter Alison McGowan will be joining the 'Cousins' this summer! Allison will be joining Carol Gentithes and Fred Johnston at their showroom in downtown Seagrove! Here is an excerpt from her artist statement:

I have found that, in clay, I am able to tailor my forms to maximize the volume while keeping them relatively simple. Finally, the Art Nouveau style of uniting nature and structure gives me ideas for the basic form and function of my pieces. I marvel at the architectural elements of continuous lines that softly join different sections of a doorway or balcony and somehow invite one to enter or linger.




Come to Seagrove on the 5th and 6th of June and check out Allison's pottery as well as all of the other cousins at their 2nd Annual Cousins in Clay sale!!

No comments:

Post a Comment